- 26-Apr-2013 to 12-May-2013 (MST)
- Clinical Services (Organ/Tissue)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Intermountain Donor Services (IDS) is a federally designated non-profit procurement organization dedicated to the recovery of organs and tissues for transplantation. We offer an attractive salary package designed to attract and retain individuals willing to accept the challenges and rewards associated with organ/tissue donation. Our employees save and enhance lives!
IDS seeks a full time Medical Chart Coordinator with a high level of advanced computer skills and medical terminology. This position requires excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently with excellent follow-through and problem solving skills. This position also requires exceptional inter-personal communication skills.
Under the direction of two clinical Director(s), performs routine medical record/chart maintenance:
- Works as a critical link between clinical coordinators, transplant centers, health care facilities, quality improvement, and the broader transplant community.
- Assumes responsibility for managing patient health information, medical charts and final reviews, ensuring all necessary documentation is present, entered, and complete.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer information systems (database entry/retrieval and basic internet functions).
- Case log updates.
- Obtains and documents preliminary and final patient health information (cultures, serology, medical/social history, donor medical records, recipient information, etc.) using medical terminologies.
- Responds to all requests for medical records information.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of organ and tissue invoicing.
- Audits medical files to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Assist on-site auditors (pull medical files, make copies, and provide assistance) as requested.
- May assist with ensuring departmental training requirements are complete for clinical personnel.
- Basic knowledge of ethical and legal requirements and standards related to the privacy of protected health information.
Qualifications: Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- High School diploma required,
- Associates Degree or certification preferred or an equivalent combination of related work experience in a healthcare field.
- A minimum of one year data entry. Preference will be given to those with experience in a health care environment or medical office.
- Advanced computer knowledge.
- Basic accounting knowledge, Clinical reimbursement experience a plus!
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology required.